Butler Machinery Company Accounting Assistant in Fargo, North Dakota
Butler Machinery is a third generation family-owned company, proudly serving our communities since 1955. Our mission is to build long term relationships with our customers, founded on trust, generating mutual growth and success.
The position will involve but not be limited to the following duties:
- Supports Accounting department with daily accounting entries. Entries include, but are not limited to, daily banking transactions, warranty entries and clearing accounts.
- Assists Accountant and Controller with month end entries.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts on weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.
- Supports the Wells Fargo P-card system. Responsible for resetting passwords, provide support and training to cardholders and audit transactions to ensure company policy and procedures are followed.
- Provides support to the Accountant and Controller on special projects as needed.
- Reviews accounts payable invoices for use tax. Update each state’s use tax worksheet by deadline.
- Reconciles vendor statements, including AGCO & CAT machine statement, to accounting system. Follow up with vendor and store personnel to ensure all invoices are entered and paid in a timely manner.
- Match Accounts payable invoices to PO
- Completes, submits and makes payments on various state sales tax returns by required deadlines.
- Issues customer refund checks.
- Assists Accountant with capitalization of rental and lease assets.
- Works within and promotes vision, mission, and values of BMC.
- Reviews and research Open POs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two year accounting degree or equivalent experience
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Adaptability – Adapts to circumstances, thinks creatively, seeks process improvement
- Task and Time Management – Works efficiently and competently, uses time wisely
- Communication – Listens to others, processes information, communicates effectively
- Utilizes Resources Effectively – Selects goal related activities, ranks them, allocates time, and prepares and follows schedules
- Participates as member of a team - contributes to group effort
- Information: Acquires and evaluates information
- Understands systems - knows how social, organizational, and technological systems work and operates effectively with them
- Problem solving - recognizes problems and devises and implements plan of action
- Responsibility - exerts a high level of effort and perseveres towards goal attainment
- Self-management - assesses self accurately, sets personal goals, monitors progress, and exhibits self-control
- Integrity/honesty - chooses ethical courses of action
Job Locations: US-ND-Fargo