Cognosante Application Processor in Fargo, North Dakota
Location: Fargo, ND
Remote Work Option: No
The Application Processor will open, sort, and scan all incoming mail. The processor will ensure quality and timely entry of applications and other written correspondence into various processing/retrieval systems. He/she will research provider application errors suspended for manual review and contact provider by telephone or written correspondence to resolve the application error. The Processor will be required to perform in a professional manner and meet timeliness and accuracy regulations established by Cognosante Healthcare Operations Services (HOS).
Key responsibilities include:
Sort and slice mail receipts
Receive incoming mail
- Sort, slice, count, and track mail receipts
- Operate high production mail extraction equipment
- Establish the Standard Date of Receipt
- Open each piece of mail to determine its appropriate destination
- Screen applications based on field data requirements and return invalid applications back to send with letter of explanation
- Batch valid applications and correspondence for imaging
Image and archive received documentation
Operate high volume scanning/imaging equipment
- Operate all components of multiple imaging software packages
- Enter “Keywords” associated with each imaged document into the Document Management/Workflow System in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform online document retrieval
- Archive and retrieve, as needed, the original hard-copy documents
Proficient in several aspects of document data entry activities
Key from Image data from the application images in the Document Management/Workflow System into the applicable system
Perform Error Resolution tasks
Accurately review and process applications suspended for error resolution
- Research suspended applications errors
- Initiate external contact by telephone to providers for clarification on application information. Follow-up with second call if necessary.
- Initiate external contact by written correspondence for clarification application information according to customer guidelines
- Follow applications with errors through to completion
- Answer incoming calls related specifically to the Error Resolution process
Participate in Cognosante Quality Management System
Seek and suggest efficiencies for manual and online entry operations
- Identify processing deficiencies and initiate corrective actions
- Research and identify potential application processing issues
- Suggest ways to improve work processes
- Identify personal internal/external education and/or training needs
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience operating high volume scanning equipment and related software
- Ability to screen mail once opened
- Three (3) to six (6) months related experience preferred
- Working knowledge of contract and/or customer regulations
- Ability to rapidly review scanned documents
- Ability to key from image
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
Cognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.