Seneca Companies, Inc. Construction Superintendent in Fargo, North Dakota
Start a career with Seneca Companies! Our construction group stay busy year round and with great company benefits.
Seneca Companies, a leader in the fuel systems industry, is seeking a Construction Superintendent for our construction division. Reporting to the Sr. Project Manager, the Superintendent will oversee the daily construction activities at a work site specific to fuel systems projects. This position will be responsible for the overall progress on the project as well as scheduling of workers and delivery of equipment and materials while acting as liaison to the Project Managers. Maintaining strong customer and subcontractor relationships along with a strong understanding in construction concepts, practices and procedures is also required.
Overseeing the daily activities of construction and craft personnel engaged in construction and maintenance work. This position supervises personnel and ensures the implementation of project plans and specifications
• Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and corrects job site hazards immediately. Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to company safety policy
• Understands the project plans and specifications. Assists with securing the appropriate permits for all construction projects. Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the project
• Develop and implement construction schedules with other foreman
• Approves departmental purchase orders and vendor and contractor invoices. Reviews all project invoices for accuracy and reasonableness
• Conducts pre-bid site visits to evaluate scope of work and to ensure competitiveness in bids as needed. Assists with acquiring services of as well as coordinates subcontractors for various construction projects and assists with conducting a pre-job review
• Confers with governmental agencies and their representatives regarding project plans, schedules and other matters
• Review mechanical constructability of projects during the design phase
• Candidates should have three year of schooling in the construction trades area or equivalent training and experience
• Must have strong organizational and communication skills
• Knowledge of job costing and project estimating principles and practices
• Strong ability to coordinate and review the work of others.
• Knowledge of construction principles and practices
• Ability to comprehend and follow technical manuals
• Ability to perform heavy physical work exerting up to 100 pounds of force on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds of force on a frequent basis
Seneca offers competitive wages, company vehicle and excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, sick time off.
Seneca Companies is a diverse group of entities committed to providing unequaled customer attention through a range of related services including: Petroleum Construction, Service & Distribution of Equipment; General Contracting & Aviation Fueling; Hydro-blasting, Industrial Cleaning & Emergency Response Services; Environmental Consulting & Compliance Services; Remediation & Process Systems; Industrial Fluid Power & Handling Solutions as well as Vehicle Equipment Sales & Service. With a corporate office in Des Moines, IA we have roughly 350 employees in nine different branch offices.
Post-offer physical and drug screen required for all positions. EOE