Air National Guard Units (Title 32) FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN in Fargo, North Dakota
About the Agency
This National Guard position is for a FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number D2151000and is part of the 119 Wing, Comptroller, Fargo, ND.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
Selecting Supervisor: Lt Col Allen Albright, Comptroller
As a FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN, GS-0503-6/7/8
Performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of interrelated accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable or receivable, and various travel entitlements. Analyzes particular facts of financial transaction problems/issues, verifies and evaluates data. Interprets data to identify problems, determines nature of the problem or issue, decides approaches to resolve issues, and recommends solutions for systemic changes to enhance operations. Determines appropriate pay, allowances, and entitlements resulting from multiple military and civilian statuses Uses computer master file systems, document processing and the effects of transactions on existing records to modify normal automated processes while protecting historical data
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current Enlisted members of the ND Air National Guard
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a Trial period.
1. GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Do you possess the experience, education, or training in progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work which demonstrates your ability to communicate with individuals at different levels in order to assist and provide information; experience using computers and automated systems.
2. GS-06 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Do you possess at least 9 months experience which indicates the ability to obtain and present information in a clear and meaningful manner; experience which has provided you with a broad knowledge of financial data and the skill set to operate automated systems. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide on your resume or application. Please follow the guidance in the "How to Apply" section of this vacancy announcement.
3. GS-07 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Do you possess at least 12 months experience maintaining records, compiling reports, compiling figures, or performing other procedural work of two or more sections; experience summarizing, analyzing and evaluating financial data for review; experience providing technical and specialized administrative data, background material and references upon request. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide on your resume or application. Please follow the guidance in the "How to Apply" section of this vacancy announcement.
4. GS-08 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Do you possess at least 18 months experience doing thorough accurate work that requires a logical sequence of steps to accomplish a task; experience in obtaining and interpreting information, organizing and developing clear and meaningful written information; experience providing technical and specialized administrative data, background material and references upon request. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide on your resume or application. Please follow the guidance in the "How to Apply" section of this vacancy announcement.
Do you possess at least 9, 12 or 18 months experience in the following competencies? Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide on your resume or application. Please follow the guidance in the "How to Apply" section of this vacancy announcement.
- Communicate with units in the field and supervisors at all levels throughout the organization.
- Analyze and evaluate data for review
- Plan, organize and coordinate work to attain mission objectives.
- Present information in a clear and meaningful manner.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the North Dakota National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Current Enlisted Members of the ND Air National Guard
Compatible Military Assignments: AFSC: 6F0X1
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
What To Expect Next
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses and compared to your resume and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
Review our benefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Acceptance of a Permanent or Indefinite Appointment with the NDNG will terminate enrollment in the Tri-Care Reserve Select Health Benefits program. Federal Law does not permit employee who are eligible for Federal Employee Health Insurance to carry Tri-Care Reserve health insurance.
Appointment to this position will be made at the beginning of a bi-weekly pay period. Applicants MUST understand that Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB), although may be elected within the 1st pay period of employment, are not effective until the pay period after they make their election. Election for FEHB must be made within 60 days from the 1st day of appointment.
Technician pay periods are 14 days in duration.
Acceptance of a Permanent or Indefinite Excepted service position will cause termination from Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP) & Military Bonus Programs (Recoupment is dependent on type of bonus individual has).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474237400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-12 to 2017-07-26
Salary: $36,611 to $47,598 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 6 - 8
Series: 0503 Financial Clerical And Assistance
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: ND-10027026-AF-17-014
Control number: 474237400