Microsoft Corporation Global Black Belt Solution Sales Manager in Fargo, North Dakota
The Global Black Belt Solution Sales Manager is a senior leader within our enterprise sales organization focused on advanced workloads. The GBB Data Platform SSM leads, develops and manages a team of high performing Global Black Belt Solution Specialist Professionals (SSP), Global Black Belt Technical Solution Professionals (TSP), Global Black Belt Partner Sales Executives (PSE) individuals and teams who meet or exceed quota across Cloud Infrastructure advanced workloads leveraging including Microsoft Azure and SQL Server.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
The Solutions Sales Manager is a Solution Sales Leadership Role that is responsible for delivering sustainable new business growth across segments; providing thought-leadership; and driving customer acceleration to cloud and mobility across the enterprise sales and marketing teams. The Solution Sales Manager is a great sales coach and leader, has a challenger mentality, is savvy in sales-leadership practice and contributes with vision and flawless execution of solution sales across workloads and solution areas.
The Solution Sales Manager is a proven sales leader, purposeful planner, people leader, sales challenger, market maker and a social seller:
A. Sales Leader: Disciplined in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; meets sales targets and operational standards.
B. Purposeful Planner: Builds a purposeful sales plan with a bold ambition to identify and capitalize on transformational shifts in the market.
C. People Leader: Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
D. Sales Challenger: Coaches seller’s with a “challenger mentality” by prompting seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
E. Market Maker: Transforms markets with solutions that change the game by co-selling with partners that make deals bigger and faster, and change the risk profile.
F. Social Seller: Builds a strong and active business network that stretches and influences far beyond themselves.
Who we’re looking for…
• Experienced. 8-10 years of experience developing high-performing enterprise software platform sales teams and a proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets at Microsoft or competitor (Oracle, IBM, etc.) preferred
• Management. Successful management of large-scale, complex deal cycles at Fortune 1000 accounts
• Leader. Coaching direct reports in pipeline management, opportunity management, and account planning
• Collaborative. Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills required
• Excellent Communicator. Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to mentor others required
• Technical Knowledge. Possess both business acumen expertise and technology knowledge to connect how customer business issues impact their IT environments.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration required.
• Master’s degree preferred
• Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling desired
• Additional training or education in Enterprise Architecture preferred
Travel up to 80% may be required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sales