Microsoft Corporation Global Black Belt Solution Specialist - DevOps in Fargo, North Dakota
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means:
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Azure is the most innovative cloud platform in computing today and Microsoft is hiring a Global Black Belt Solution Sales Professional DevOps.
The Global Black Belt Solution Specialist is a senior solution sales professional within our enterprise sales organization with a special focus on DevOps on Azure workloads. A Global Black Belt DevOps SSP drives Azure usage and market share by teaching customers about DevOps approaches, tools, and practices and highlighting the differentiated value proposition of Visual Studio Team Services and Azure
The Impact You’ll Be Making:
Lead the technical decision maker dialog with customers around DevOps practices and tools as a key enabler for driving digital transformation. Qualify prospects into opportunities by using consultative approaches to demonstrate how customers can enable digital and business transformation by optimizing and transforming their approach to building for the cloud through modern devops practices and tools . Determine the appropriate solution bringing together Microsoft supporting team members as well as partners. Ensure a positive Customer and Partner Experience (CPE) that can be leveraged in future sales engagements. Provide leadership and guidance to broader Microsoft sales organization in large and complex Visual Studio and 3rd party DevOps tools deals.
Who We Are Looking For:Experiences Required: Education, Skills and Knowledge:
• 7+ years experience in sales, marketing, pre-sales, business developemnt and/or DevOps vendor landscape for tools (e.g. Chef, Jenkins, and/or Puppet)
• Experienced. 10+ years’ recognized and rewarded experience selling Application Lifecycle Management or related solutions to large/global enterprise customers required.
• Account Management. Proven record of effective account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation.
• Executive Presence. Demonstrated experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
• Collaborative. Ability to orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence.
• Coaching. Training extended team in pipeline management, opportunity management, and account planning.
• Domain-specific subject matter expert. Strong understanding of Microsoft’s unique DevOps value proposition using Visual Studio and Visual Studio Team Services for the cross-platform app development lifecycle across building, testing, deploying, and running apps in the cloud. required.
• DevOps landscape. Understanding of DevOps vendor landscape for tools (e.g. Chef, Jenkins, Puppet) their strengths, limitations and ability to integrate with Microsoft solutions. Understanding of solutions from HP, Altassian, IBM etc required.
• Azure solutions. Strong understanding of application development on Azure especially Azure’s differentiated first party PaaS services required.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
• Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling desired
• Additional training or education in Enterprise Architecture preferred
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Sales