Microsoft Corporation PFE - Public Sector in Fargo, North Dakota
Overview: Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our government and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security and preservation of our nation’s interest are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. The Microsoft Services team has provided and continues to provide a vital role in supporting the successful and accelerated achievement of our customer’s; objectives through Microsoft products. This position requires U.S. Citizenship with a security clearance.
Our team is seeking a PFE specializing in Platform technologies with deep understanding and ability to deliver timely and creative incident resolution focused on root cause analysis, prevention, and subsequent knowledge transfer. In this customer facing role, you will partner with the Account Delivery Executives (ADE), Technical Account Manager (TAM) and other engineers to engage technology decision makers striving to understand their objectives and creatively overcome their greatest challenges.
As someone who is inventive, confident when challenged and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management, your contributions will empower our customers to achieve the most from their investment in Microsoft technology and our team.
We look to you to:
• Utilize knowledge of the customer environment to resolve issues in a timely manner
• Handle blocking issues and cases, ensuring the most effective resolution of all issues
• Develop and implement support strategies resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments
• Effectively lead critical situations including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management
• Develop a working relationship with Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) and other PFE team members ensuring enhanced cooperation and mutual support
• Initiate and participate in triage and post-incident meetings sharing knowledge with other engineers and efficiently resolving customer problems
• Assist in the delivery of supportability reviews to your customers
You should have:
• Bachelor of Science Degree
• 4-6 years’ experience in an Enterprise technical support environment with demonstrated knowledge in any of the following: Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 operating systems, Windows Server 2012 R2 and earlier Microsoft Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Infrastructure Services, Identity Management, Microsoft Security concepts, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, routing, and network security.
You will need strong technical writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customer managers and executives on technical and mission issues. Strong organization, time management, project management and negotiation skills desired.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Active U.S. Government clearance preferred
The position will require you to travel to customer’s site(s) and you should be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.