Microsoft Corporation Sales Manager, Enterprise Security in Fargo, North Dakota
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cyber security and research, to provide its customers with the solutions to confidently move to the cloud and modernize their platforms by delivering the security solutions, expertise and services needed to keep their data safe. In the Enterprise Cybersecurity Group (ECG), we’re passionate about this mission and the Cybersecurity Sales team is seeking a motivated and self-driven sales professional to fill a key role as a Sales Manager, Enterprise Security. As a Security sales leader in your territory, you will lead a team of Enterprise Security sales professionals to achieve/exceed quarterly and full year budget targets.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
• Develops and leads a successful Enterprise Security sales team which overachieves their quota every quarter and executes high quality sales discipline according to both revenue and business objectives.
• Effectively collaborates across a highly-matrixed field sales organization to drive superior results.
• Leads from the front, personally engaging at CXO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration; Leads sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions (drive solution area thinking and behaviors), increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
• Provides value to customers through bringing insights on digital transformation and industry trends, clearly articulates the value of both first party and third party cloud based industry solutions, leveraging our Independent Software Vendor(ISV) and System Integrator(SI) partner network.
• Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
• Coaches Seller’s with a “challenger mentality” by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
Who we’re looking for…
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
•10+ years’ experience in Enterprise Security sales, security services solution, sales, technical sales, marketing, business sales strategy, software security and/or security sales business development
•Extensive track record of successful sales leadership, including outstanding sales achievement and deal making.
•Strong ability to coach sales teams and lead through both direct and indirect influence.
•Strong track record of delivering WHI at or above average level.
•Depth Knowledge of Enterprise sales processes and a strong track record of cross company collaboration.
•Experience of working with product groups and other Corporate teams to drive Digital Transformation deals.
•Track record of attracting and retaining strong security talent.
•Demonstrated experience and expertise selling to senior business leaders, specifically CISO, by aligning & reinforcing the value of cybersecurity solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
•Strong knowledge of the Enterprise Security space, with ability to discuss industry trends and security topics outside of Microsoft technologies.
•Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!