U.S. Bank Senior Systems Administrator (Process Automation) in Fargo, North Dakota
U.S. Bank is seeking a motivated Senior Systems Administrator who will maintain the automation infrastructure solutions. Solutions will include installing, patching, upgrading, deploying and production support in a professional consultative project delivery environment.
Responsibilities / Duties
• Installs, configures, and maintains servers and virtual desktops.
• Installs new automation software releases, other related software and system upgrades.
• Schedules installations and upgrades.
• Monitors the systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Conducts routine hardware and software inventories.
• Provides recommendations for hardware and system software planning and budgeting.
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
• Installs patches and resolves software-related problems.
• Analyzes and resolves problems associated with servers, hardware, and software.
• Troubleshoots networking and operating system problems.
• Participate in various types of interviews, meetings or workshops to define, design and configure automation solutions
• Create and maintain solution documentation.
• Available to perform on call duties.
• Create and document test procedures and scenarios prior to launching User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Support business teams in testing activities, including integration testing, end-to-end (business process) testing and UAT
• Problem-solve issues that arise in day-to-day running of automation processes and provide timely responses and solutions as required
• Support the RPA COE Lead throughout the project and automation lifecycles
• Communicate any identified and potential risks and issues to RPA COE Lead accordingly and provide actionable inputs to mitigate
• Support QA and audit activities as needed
• May supervise, guides and directs the activities of junior staff as needed
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
• Bachelors and/or Advanced Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 6 years systems administrator experience (Windows environment)
• Desired experience with systems development life cycle and structured programming methods (both traditional and agile), including requirements definition, solution design, program development, testing, documentation, training, deployment, operations, support and maintenance
• Track record of meeting and/or exceeding established client, project and performance goals
• Track record of working on projects to success within established timelines and budgets
• Exposure to performance measurement and continuous improvement (Lean / Six-Sigma)
• Ability to work independently, or in groups, as the lead participant
• Ability to work well with business analysts, programmers, vendors and end users in cross functional teams
• Ability to take on complex assignments as the lead, and assume increasingly greater leadership roles/responsibilities
• Experience working with third-party service providers is a plus
• Willingness to travel to service provider location(s) located in offshore geographies
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills; able to effectively communicate and build relationships with end users, peers, management and third parties
• Ability to prioritize, schedule and complete development and testing required for multiple applications with overlapping schedules
• Focused on customer satisfaction
• Excellent facilitation skills working with both internal and external parties
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Self-starter, comfortable working in a busy and dynamic environment with competing priorities
• Knows how to prioritize requests effectively and efficiently and work with a sense of urgency
• Projects an image of professionalism and enthusiasm
• Proactive, persistent and dependable
• Excellent time management skills
• Detail-oriented and thorough
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Richfield
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 170007853
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.