Microsoft Corporation Sr Consultant in Fargo, North Dakota
As part of EPG's Enterprise Cybersecurity Group (ECG), the Enterprise Threat Detection team is seeking a Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Analyst - Consultant. We work side by side with our Services organization, our EPG partners, and other internal organizations and teams to protect our customers by helping them securely transition to the cloud, maximize platform security value, and deliver specialized cybersecurity solutions to address customer cybersecurity needs.
Do you enjoy helping Microsoft's customers defend themselves in today's cyber threat environment? Do you want to deliver advanced security analysis services to our customers as a technical expert on cyber threats? If so, explore the Microsoft Enterprise Cybersecurity Group's Enterprise Threat Detection team, where we are focused on driving strong customer satisfaction through highly effective actionable intelligence, in this growing business.
The Threat Intelligence Analyst will be responsible performing advanced analysis on threat events, delivering analysis reports (written and verbal) to customers, and updating the threat models/threat intelligence in conjunction with our product teams.
Example of accountabilities include:
• Partnering with customers to deliver deep insight into the threat status of their enterprise
• Active research on the overall threat, correlating with other sources of information
• Developing new analysis workflows/queries/reports
• Knowledge transfer to other analysts within the team as well as our peer Global Incident Response team
This highly technical role will report to the Director of Enterprise Threat Detection.
Desired skills include:
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related degree or 5+ years equivalent industry experience
• 2+ years deep Active Directory and Windows Credential Management experience
• 1+ years' experience understanding and mitigating Credential Theft threats
• 3+ years' network experience (TCP/IP, Windows networks, network devices)
• 1+ years' experience working with malware and/or antimalware technologies
• 1+ years' experience working with vulnerabilities and exploits
• Strong oral and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills, combined with world-class analytical skills
• Ideal candidates will have experience with reverse engineering skills as well
A strong work ethic, a collaborative spirit and capability to solve complex issues is the expectation. Position location is flexible and Travel is limited (<10%).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Consulting services