Microsoft Corporation AZURE ADOPTION PM in Fargo, North Dakota
Are you interested in working for a team that is relentlessly focused on customer needs, market expansion and advancing Microsoft Cloud first strategy through our Azure hyper-scale infrastructure? Do you want to build a multi-billion-dollar Cloud Computing business, in a start-up like environment, that continually looks for ways to disrupt the status quo by engaging with customers to build long term strategic partnerships? Then look no further than the Azure Global Team!
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s commercial Cloud Services. Azure differentiates itself as the only hyper-scale, enterprise-grade Cloud that has a true hybrid story. Customers and analysts recognize Azure’s tremendous momentum which continues month over month. To help customers achieve their goals, Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider. We are hiring an exceptional cloud architect to work with customers in assessing their current technology footprint and jointly creating a consumption plan to accelerate their migration to Azure as part of a much larger Strategic Partnership. This is a critical step in building trust with our customers and will involve bringing in other experts within Azure engineering to create a complete plan.
The Azure Adoption Program Manager role requires both the ability to understand the technical landscape within a customer, envision game changing strategies and building a financial plan to establish Azure as the primary platform for our customer’s solutions.
• Understanding the customer’s environment and mapping to the appropriate Azure architecture. This may include the development of the customers’ cloud adoption model and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers (i.e. Networking, Identity, Security, Compliance, etc.).
• Ability to build a consumption plan with a customer across technical areas that will include key financial data, costs and benefits.
• Establish immediate credibility across the areas below and trusting relationships with key ITDMs, who have the power to drive long-term cloud adoption within their company.
o Datacenter Transformation (e.g., VM Deployments, Networking, ExpressRoute, HPC)
o Custom Applications (e.g., Websites, PaaS Deployments, Mobile Services, IOT)
o Security, Compliance and Privacy (e.g., Identity, Governance, RBAC)
• Enable the customer to envision their environment and services in Azure, while leveraging the greater Microsoft and partner resources (internal teams and partners).
• Partner with engineering and finance leaders to solve the toughest legacy IT modernization problems blocking cloud adoption
• Demonstrate stellar cross group collaboration and the ability to influence and make decisions in partnership with other teams and external partners.
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects; where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
• 5+ years of cloud architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
• Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Extensive exposure and track record in customer and partner facing roles, with experience working with internal and external sales and commercial teams
• Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations and deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer and for the organization (i.e. think through workarounds, evaluate risk of various deployment options, etc.)
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program management (engineering)