Microsoft Corporation Cloud Solution Architect in Fargo, North Dakota
This Job is eligible for the following work arrangements: TeleWork
Cloud Computing is the next step toward ubiquitous and pervasive computing and Microsoft Azure is Microsoft’s world-class cloud computing platform. Further Data & Analytics including AI & Machine Learning are a rapidly evolving field of new developments & platforms as well as every changing space that is ripe with innovation and new opportunities for partners and our customers.
Join the One Commercial Partner team (OCP) technical team as an Data & AI Cloud Solutions Architect (CSA) and be front and center in the transformation to cloud-based architectures while at the same time playing an influential role in transforming Microsoft to a mobile first, cloud first company.
As a Cloud Solutions Architect, your primary responsibility will be to ensure our ecosystem partners (Independent Software Vendors, System Integrators, Managed Service Providers, Channel Partners) are successful with Azure and to help them move their and their customer’s workloads to the Cloud. The CSA is a highly technical partner-facing role accountable for the end-to-end cloud technical architecture and solution deployment experience.
In this role, you will own technical partner engagement leading Envisioning Sessions, Architecture Design Sessions (ADS), implementation projects, hackfest, and Proofs of Concept (POC). The ideal candidate will have experience in customer and partner-facing roles and have demonstrated success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior executives to drive key decisions and implementation. Candidates need to possess the ability to impact and influence customers and partners with a high degree of autonomy, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, and the drive to create real and measurable business results as evidenced by deploying qualified Cloud partner solutions in Data, AI & Microsoft Azure.
The Cloud Solution Architect is responsible for:
• Maintaining 400 Level depth in Cloud Application Development and understanding current market trends and competitive insights
• Serving as a trusted advisor to top ecosystem (ISV, SI, MSP, and Channel) partners
• Developing Data, AI, & Azure technical readiness plans for portfolio partners for Cloud Application Development practices
• Executing rapid technical feasibility studies for moving identified workloads to Azure
• Building technical and security architectures in Azure for identified workloads
• Selecting a migration approach to move workloads to Azure or architecting a greenfield development or production platform for new applications
• Executing Architecture Design Sessions (ADS) or Proofs of Concept (POC) Workshops
• Driving onboarding plans in conjunction with integration partners
• Documenting and sharing technical best practices and insights with Microsoft product groups and the OCP and Microsoft field Cloud Solution Architect community
• Ensuring partner technical plan execution and Azure consumption targets are met Approximately 25% travel or less to partner sites for direct engagements (majority delivery via calls/online meetings)
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies (including open source), business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Significant depth of technical experience in a number of the following Azure and Data & AI services with development & deployment experience with: OLTP, OLAP, Data Warehousing, Analytics & Reporting, High Availability, OSS related to both SQL Server and Cloud Analytics, Disaster Recovery & Performance Tuning on premises and in the cloud
• Partner experience and understanding of partner business drivers and business models plus demonstrated skill building deep technical relationships with executives and technical leads within customer or partner organizations
• Able to set and lead the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives to help partners build profitable Azure/cloud businesses
• Ability to build technical and business credibility with senior executives and grow mind share with highly strategic customers and partners
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration abilities in addition to technical depth
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related degree preferred
• 5+ year’s design, implementation and/or support of highly distributed applications demonstrating strong architectural skills to ensure availability, reliability, etc.
• 5+ years of experience in consultative/complex technical sales and or deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
• Demonstrated competency, experience & deep understanding of Cloud Platforms & Architectures specifically in the Data & AI space desirable.
• Experience with current trends in cloud migration (Azure, AWS), such as PaaS database offerings, Azure Analytics, and Azure Data Lake.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both small and large audiences
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic changing environment
• Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
• Demonstrate technical thought leadership in customer-facing situations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Business development & strategy