Volt Information Sciences Designer/Modeler II in Fargo, North Dakota
Designer/Modeler II in Fargo, ND at Volt
Date Posted: 1/26/2018
Employee Type: Contingent
Location: Fargo, ND
Job Type: Administrative/Secretarial
Duration: 24 weeks
Date Posted: 1/26/2018
Job ID: 57244
Contact Name Volt Branch
Great Opportunity for a PCB Designer.
Our client is looking for a contingent worker for a minimum of 6 month assignment to assist in plans, coordinates and performs designs for complex components and assemblies using the preferred 3-Dimensional (3D) Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool and protocols. The selected candidate uses technical judgment and may work with junior personnel to complete tasks.
Creating design work for complex 3D engineering models and components. Exhibits detailed knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) Standards and can apply it to many varied situations. Performs as expert user of 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) system with considerable experience in Top Down design work for complex 3D engineering models and components. May provide document maintenance and have responsibility for placement and routing of electronic circuits. May create Printed Circuit Board (PCB) fabrication drawings, plan PCB projects and create electronic schematic diagrams. Provides modeling leadership and counsel to other employees.
This position is exclusively a Printed Circuit Board Designer position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Minimum of two year technical degree or equivalent experience
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years commercial PCB Design.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must have intensive knowledge of PCB design.
2. Must have diversified knowledge of the design of testing, manufacturing, quality control, and marketing requirements.
3. Must be able to make decisions independently on PCB design problems and methods.
4. Must use advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of own field and related sciences and disciplines.
5. Must be able to peer check others work and mentor other PCB Designer.
6. Must have experience with Mentor Expedition software.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reviews documentation necessary for PCB development generated by other engineering groups and verifies this documentation is sufficient for PCB design. Generates, coordinates, and ensures completion of support documents as necessary. Generates and maintains PCB specifications.
2. Train engineers in schematic capture.
3. Train PCB designers in Mentor Graphics Expedition software.
4. Creation and maintenance of CAD library.
5. Working with other engineering personnel, establishes design parameters and ensures electronic designs comply with Design Validation specifications and product specifications.
6. Works with Manufacturing Engineering and outside vendors to identify and rectify fabrication, component, or assembly problems.
7. Works with Manufacturing Engineering, Sales and Marketing, and Quality Assurance to optimize designs for cost, quality, and manufacturability.
8. Designs Printed Circuit board layouts based on engineering requirements and industry related experience
Preferred Tool Experience: -Mentor Graphics Design Capture, version 7.9.5 -Mentor Graphics DX Designer -Mentor Graphics Expedition
Volt Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.