Microsoft Corporation Director of Community Activism Engagement and Development in Fargo, North Dakota
Are you an experienced professional passionate about the future, people, partnerships and possibilities? The opportunity is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to do more, specifically by making people employable into 21st century jobs. Come be part of a diverse and customer-obsessed team that pays attention to weak signals and trends, builds out progressive solutions, ideates and creates iteratively and rapidly while excelling at execution. If you enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced, high impact learning environment, this could be the place for you, and the Director, Community Activism, Engagement and Development, the perfect role. Importantly, you’ll have all the coaching and resources needed to achieve job success, personal goals and advance your career.
• Work with members of the Microsoft team to identify opportunities for current and future 21st Century Jobs, Skills and Employability solutions and offerings.
• Create, leverage, manage and maintain community engagement across customer, employer and partner groups to achieve objectives and success measures.
• Work closely with the Microsoft Customer Experience Center to integrate best practice tools, methodologies, techniques and processes into community engagement work.
• Build and foster relationships with internal and external community engagement experts and potential partners to stay abreast of and utilize best and next practice approaches.
• Build and sustain pipelines of customers and employers to satisfy individual and organizational 21st century talent needs and desires.
• Spearhead community-based mentoring, coaching and sharing as supplemental learning components important to offering and solution effectiveness.
• Partner with Sr. Directors Customer and Employer Eco-system to create and utilize community channels for the acquisition, build-out and maximization of individuals and organizations as part of the knowledge/skill building and employability processes.
• Utilize foresight, insight and action to understand where employability, learning and solutions are going and community practices that are leading the way there.
• Develop and maintain a world-class partner portfolio that can be leveraged to align community with social and competitive learning interests and needs.
• Leverage design thinking to broadly and deeply understand stakeholder desires, needs, interests and insights and develop community based approaches to address them.
• Utilize data and data-based interpretation, analysis, story development and influence in support of desired outcomes.
• Integrate community based learning, development, sharing, communication and mentoring/coaching into 21st Century team activities.
• Achieve recognition internally and externally as an expert in community based engagement, motivation and development.
• Be a credible Microsoft 21st Century solutions spokesperson.
• Bi-directionally educate partners and 21st Century team members on interests, needs, opportunities and solutions so both groups are well informed and capable of delivering on vision/strategy and plan outcomes.
• Attract partners to build and develop a diverse, high-performing, and engaged extended team.
• Drive continuous learning and development through transparent communication and sharing.
• College degree or 4 years work experience
• 2+ years experience in community activism, engagement, motivation or development.
• Recognized experience and expertise successfully leveraging community approaches to attract, motivate and develop people.
• Established social and competitive learning reputation as evidenced by words and deeds.
• Proven ability to partner with internal and external teams to achieve goals.
• Acumen in design, development and implementation of community solutions.
• Strength in anticipating and using learnings and partnerships to make a market.
• Expertise in building extended teams of internal and external contributors that seamlessly work towards common goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to influence leaders, employees and teams to envision a different future.
• Proven leadership in identifying and using foresight to establish a point of view.
• Expertise using design thinking as well as broad and diverse groups to develop a vision, strategy and set of ever green solutions and offerings.
• Demonstrated strength in data-based decision-making, analysis, influencing and storytelling.
• Experience in engaging stakeholders and driving to alignment and action.
• Strong project management skills and ability for cross-functional collaboration and coordination.
• Proven change management experience in leading with clarity, generating energy and delivering success.
• Strong business acumen.
• Strong communications both verbal and written.
• Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills.
• Strong leadership presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
• Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
• Ability to travel 25%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business programs & operations