Microsoft Corporation Partner Business Manager, Operations in Fargo, North Dakota
The Partner Business Management team is chartered with helping Microsoft become more proactive and efficient in landing operational change with our managed partners. The Partner Business team, inside Americas Operations Center area is the organization is responsible for:
• Enable the partner ecosystem to transact in our new Go-To-Market motions
• Provide Program & Policy subject matter expertise & influence future capability & design through insights
• Develop readiness plans to be delivered through a community model, including adoption & usage of self-serve tools to consume content
• Ensure continuous improvement of partner operational excellence
• Strategic partner management of key accounts to accelerate their transformation to Cloud
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The Partner Business Manager should demonstrate experience in working effectively in cross-functional international teams (often virtual) comprised of full time employees. Should also possess organizational skills and positively influence others.
Why does the role exist?
• The Partner Business Manager role indirectly ensures that the result of work will reflect in a superior experience for Microsoft customers by receiving a consistent and high-quality support in the moment of the sales deal construction through MS partners.
Partner Enablement and Change Management (Launch):
• Delivery of Partner readiness and enablement for new Go-To-Market motions (e.g. new products, services, offerings)
• Provide critical, business impacting insights/feedback to influence Design, Customer & Partner Experience through Capability, Policy and Process changes
• Continuous monitoring of partner effectiveness & driving remediation through
Partner Excellence Managers (PEM) Program and Policy Optimization:
• Gather quantitative and qualitative insights from Field and Partners related to possible efficiencies related to processes, programs, and/or readiness.
• Provide feedback to drive capability, process; policy & self-serve improvements (Online Training Material, Knowledge Base, etc) based on global ROC alignment.
• Identify top Move to Modern blockers by program specialization Subject Matter Expertise Consultation • Work with Operations Deal Managers & Deal desk to manage close-related deal queries, orchestrate 3rd party Hold Resolution, that relate to program or policy exception scenarios
• Drive & influence policy changes through Close learning
• Partners readiness & capability allowing them to transact from Day 1
• Program & policy improvements driven by insights from partners
• Work in collaboration with Operations Deal Managers operationalizing new deals constructs to enable transformational deals for partners
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
• Candidate must to have field and/or partner knowledge as well sales approach to work with the Operations Deal Managers owning the execution of the readiness plans in conjunction with the Partner Community Manager with targeted partners for future excellence in the deal construction
• 5 years minimum experience in Operations, Program Management, or Project Management
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field (Operations, Accounting, Finance or IT)
• Have Microsoft Partners program knowledge (VL, CSP, for example)
• Ability to develops creative solutions to complex problems by applying knowledge and judgment to identify approach and methods
• Fluent English. Spanish and Portuguese are a plus.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions, both internally and externally
• Ability to simplify complex situations, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated experience in Partner Channel Enablement Strategy definition and execution both on the Capacity and Capabilities areas
• Ability to multi-task and project manage many tasks simultaneously. Ability to work under continual deadline constraints.
• Strong project and process management with and ability to own planning, scheduling & coordinating
• Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems by applying knowledge and judgment to identify approach and methods
• Experience in obtaining and using diverse partner & customer feedback and using partner & customer knowledge to optimize the design of agreement-to-cash processes
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.