Microsoft Corporation Principal Architect in Fargo, North Dakota
Imagine working in a team that influences the way factories are organized today. Or Windfarms. Or Smart buildings. All on a worldwide basis. This is exactly wat the new Strategic Partnerships Team does daily. We select and partner with industry leaders in many verticals (manufacturing, energy, buildings, cars, to name but a few) and help them in their digital transformation journey by applying our Azure IoT technology to their businesses. We are looking for team-oriented software architects to join our innovative team. We are growing fast but remain agile. You will work with teams across Microsoft, and established industry players. Our partners and customers are eager for solutions and ready to bet big on Azure.
In addition to the core platform, you’ll have the opportunity to enable a broad spectrum of scenarios: Remote monitoring, predictive maintenance, digital twins, digital feedback loops and many more.
If IoT has been on your radar and you are passionate about exploring the power of the cloud to make the most of connected devices, let’s talk!
As is true for all of our engineers, this position has direct and clear impact. The scope of responsibilities includes:
• Crafting APIs and infrastructure to support a wide-range of devices and services.
• Reviewing existing partner architectures and optimizing them.
• Building on Azure services including Azure IoT to enable partnerships and scenarios.
• Working with key external customers to implement industry-leading solutions.
• A positive attitude and a passion for software development.
• Ability to work within product teams as well as across multiple partner product groups or external partners.
• Experience writing software in one or more high level language including C++ and C#.
• Experience with IoT devices, especially in the manufacturing or energy verticals a plus.
• Experience with Distributed Computing.
• Experience building client application in one or more of Windows, iOS, Android, or Linux is a plus.
• BSc, or equivalent, Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering fields a plus.
• 10 years of commercial software development experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.