Microsoft Corporation Project Mgr in Fargo, North Dakota
The Americas Business Application Domain consulting organization is searching for an experienced services delivery leadership professional to lead delivery of transformational Microsoft Dynamics projects at some of Microsofts largest customers. If you have deep CRM or ERP delivery expertise and the passion, drive and experience to foster strong relationships with client project managers to deliver World Class Microsoft Dynamics implementations, then this role is right for you.
The Dynamics Project Manager (PjM) role is a trusted advisor to client project leadership within the assigned accounts. She/He actively drives communications with leadership within Microsoft and the client to help our customers achieve their objectives. The PjM provides relevant, clear and prescriptive advice, grounded in relevant experience, to continuously drive these projects through to successful completion. The Services Project Manager (PjM) is responsible for leading engagement delivery within a formal Statement of Work (SOW) to drive predictable behaviors in terms of project process and outcomes (accomplished on time, on budget, and according to customer specifications).
The Services Project Manager is responsible for delivery excellence, engagement quality and customer satisfaction. Microsoft Services help customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by Improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience, serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft and Driving customer-centric product improvement.
The Project Manager Role:
• Delivers engagements within the constraints of schedule, features/functionality, and budget.
• Manages the work that must be done in order to deliver an integrated solution usually composed of products, services, or a formalized solution offering.
• Establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle and create an environment to support it where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks.
• Executes established (as mutually agreed to) policies and procedures for the project, e.g. quality assurance, team reference guide, communication plan, and setting up the environment.
• Manages (as mutually agreed to) Microsoft resources, partners and/or customer resources and materials (equipment, supplies, stock, or consumable/perishable items) used to complete tasks in a project.
• Maintains the Master Program Plan to include at least: the Communication Plan (communications within the team and between the team and external entities) and the Team Reference Guide Plan (identifies team and external team members). In addition, maintains the Master Project Schedule.
• Stays current and involved in collecting conditions of the project relative to resources (people and optionally funding/cost), schedule (time), and features (the solution and its quality) as specified by the established project protocol.
• In addition, performs the process of comparing actual performance with planned performance, analyze variances, evaluate possible alternatives and take appropriate corrective action (control) as specified by the established project protocol.
• Collects, reviews and publishes project status with regard to resources (people and optionally funding/cost), schedule (time), stakeholder management, and features (the solution and its quality) that influence project performance and completion.
• The capability to be effective requires a senior level project management professional who has held project management roles within a global services organization or Fortune 1000 corporations.
• The ability to easily and effectively connect and relate to senior customer leadership and executives is an imperative.
• PMP Project Manager Professional Certification (or in process) Five years as primary project manager on transformational $1M+ services engagements for a Tier 1 CRM solution.
• Demonstrated capability in managing large, global, complex CRM implementations from sales through to go live.
• Knowledge of MCS Dynamics Sure Step Evolved methodology preferred. Proven, deep knowledge of a competing Tier 1 implementation methodology used to deliver large, transformational business application implementations will be considered.
• Working knowledge of Dynamics CRM/AX or deep experience in a comparable CRM/ERP system
• 3-5 years working with offshore development organizations
• Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain senior client relationships with executive steering committee members
• Exceptional communication, team building and mentoring skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead consulting teams comprising of 5+ senior level domain experts Project Management fundamentals (e.g. PMI or equivalent) and Industry-specific certifications
• Ability to travel up to 80%+ both within the US and Internationally based on client requirements and demands
• BA or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Consulting services