Microsoft Corporation SOFTWARE ENGINEER II in Fargo, North Dakota
Satya Nadella said, “I want our best engineers to work on our engineering systems.” Are you a software engineer looking to match your creativity and passion with a team working on a high-visibility, open source, cross-platform product? Do you want to put high-quality, innovative tools in the hands of developers? Have you been searching for a team that collaborates openly, a team that helps each other be their best while providing you the freedom to exercise your initiative? We've got the position for you. .NET is now open source and we need your help building a modern, responsive engineering system to power it. Our team includes the wider community of open source contributors and we are all forging ahead to provide top flight engineering. We are a diverse team that fosters a sense of collective ownership in providing great developer experiences.
As a .NET Core software engineer, you will be responsible for building the backbone engineering systems that contributors will rely on day-to-day in building .NET. You will design reliable systems, fluid tooling, and customer-facing acquisition systems. You will work with customers and contributors in open source communities to make software better.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, or 4+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years industry experience in software development
• 2+ years industry experience in C# or Java
• Experience building and testing containerized workloads and/or with Linux packaging technologies ce building and testing containerized workloads and/or with Linux packaging technologies
• Working knowledge in the following: GitHub, CI/CD systems, NuGet, Azure VM, Azure scale-sets
• Experience across Windows, Linux, or macOS
• Experience in designing solutions that are flexible, maintainable, responsive, and apt
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.