Microsoft Corporation Technial Delivery Manager, Data and AI in Fargo, North Dakota
The Data and AI Domain is looking for an experienced and highly dynamic leader to take on a leadership role overseeing technical talent with a focus on US Enterprise Customers. The Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) role is a critical leadership position responsible for managing and developing some of the highest technical talent inside Microsoft Services. The TDM role must have very strong communication skills, people management as well as technical delivery experience.
The TDM Responsibilities:
• Drives customer satisfaction and services revenue through delivery resource development, direction and guidance.
• Drives the staffing process, teaming with the Delivery Resource Manager (DRM), and placement of highly qualified individuals from their team on qualified engagements/contracts
• Drives and is responsible for billable utilization goals.
• Hires appropriate technical and project management individuals to meet the demands of practice head count objectives as determined by Workforce Planning (WFP).
• Participates in Area/Sub resource and capacity planning processes, use insights to re-skill or adjust resource levels.
• Conducts performance management, including coaching, assessing resource impact, rewarding, and overall performance management.
• Drives technical and professional role readiness across their team.
• Recognizes and develops team members’ strengths, aligned to capability needs, resulting in strong delivery results.
• Consistently achieves and frequently surpasses personal and team goals from quarter to quarter.
• Maintains employee/team readiness by completing all required training and/or certifications
• Consistently manages areas of fiscal responsibility, staying within budget, and effectively staffing, and managing resources.
• Generates an inclusive workgroup environment, which encouraged cross-group collaboration.
• Communicates vision, business direction, & workgroup core priorities.
• Demonstrates excellent leadership and communication drives valuable customer partner interactions.
The successful TDM’s focus areas will include:
• Strong people management and leadership, Operational Control (operating and budgeted expense), and Resource Allocation (headcount and staffing plans).
• The ability to lead and motivate others, have a high level of selling and customer/partner service skills and have the ability to think strategically.
• An advanced degree or equivalent experience in leading a professional services delivery team within the US is highly desired.
• Candidates must have successful delivery/project management experience of Big Data, Artificial Intelligence solutions and related technologies, and have the background to provide leadership in a technical and services organization.
• A good understanding of Microsoft SQL as well as Microsoft Azure Data Platform.
• 10+ years of Professional consulting or Delivery experience.
• 6+ Years of Project Management experience in either Big Data or Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning or Advanced Analytics.
This position is based in one of the following times zones, PST or Central with a preference in Redmond WA of Dallas TX and may require travel up to 40% of the time. The selected candidate must be able to start within a reasonable time period of an offer acceptance.
Data & AI
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Consulting services