Microsoft Corporation Technical Account Manager (TAM) in Fargo, North Dakota
Microsoft’s Mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Microsoft Services help customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with the assistance of our service delivery partners. We earn customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience, serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft, and driving customer-centric product improvement. Microsoft Premier helps customers proactively address risks, minimize downtime, and streamline operations to improve efficiency and accelerate business growth by providing customizable solutions complete with enhancements and add-on services.
The Premier Technical Account Manager (TAM) acts as a business advisor to Microsoft’s Premier Support customers, providing Premier Services aligned to the customer’s priorities to maximize the business value of their Microsoft investment. The TAM is the only front-line customer facing support role within the Services organization. The TAM is responsible for the overall growth, quality, and satisfaction of the customer’s services relationship.
A successful TAM consistently exhibits the following attributes:
• Creates a strategic relationship with key stakeholders within our customer organizations, including the IT Directors, CTO, CIO, and Line of Business leaders as well as technology professionals.
• Demonstrates a deep understanding of the market forces affecting our customers and offers insight into new ways Microsoft can provide greater value in helping our customers meet their business goals.
• Must be a change agent by articulating the case for change and helping our customers evolve their IT maturity, drive productive use of Microsoft products, and enable IT to make the business better.
• Responsible for sustainable growth through routinely partnering with Services Sales and other Services personnel to strategize on ways to create new opportunities within the accounts they service.
• Responsible for the profitability of our services through portfolio management including contract consumption, contribution margin, operational expense management, and revenue growth, all in a manner consistent with Microsoft’s legal, fiscal and personnel policies.
• Proficient in understanding the Premier Services portfolio and be able to articulate the value of these services to our customers.
• Partner with our customers to ascertain their IT priorities to set a long-term strategy for service delivery that aligns to their business objectives.
• Be literate and conversant on the Microsoft technology, method, and procedures for its application.
• Responsible for excellent delivery of services across the entire support lifecycle, including Service Delivery Planning, Azure Consumption; Office 365 Active Usage, Windows 10 Enterprise Deployments, Service Delivery Management, Incident Management / Escalations and Proactive Remediation Services.
• 2+ years of experience in Enterprise support
• 2+ years of experience in two or more of the following: enterprise resource planning facilitating digital transformation discussions and strategy, database systems, messaging, management and operations, and/or security. Products may include, but are not limited to: Windows Server, Win10, Active Directory, Windows Azure, Office 365; SharePoint Server, SQL Server, Exchange Server, and Dynamics ERP.
• Consistently demonstrates strong organizational, communication, project management, change management, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
• Contributes to team operational precision by active design of and participation in community initiatives.
• Location: Open to location, preferred areas would be Denver, CO and East Coast.
• This position requires frequent travel to customer locations; residing in a geography within car/rail commute distance to these locations is required.
• Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship required
• Security clearance: not required
• Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Consulting services