Monsanto Military Veteran Seed Technician - West Fargo, ND in WEST FARGO, North Dakota
At Monsanto, helping military veterans transition from deployment to employment is a top priority. Our mission is to help our nation’s veterans build their corporate careers. We want innovative leaders who can think big, readily accept challenges, and deliver results on behalf of our customers. We acknowledge that these traits comprise the very core of the men and women who have served our country.
Monsanto is a company that thrives on integrity, service, teamwork and commitment. As part of our efforts to support all our veterans, Monsanto is committed to recruiting veterans who share our values in producing more, conserving more, and improving lives around the world. Our Veteran Heroes In Ag program was created to identify positions and skills to attract, hire and retain this quality talent to further improve our diverse and talented workforce.
This program is a guide to transition with world class mentorship and development training from a global Fortune 500 company. The Heroes in Ag program will include additional training, mentorship, resources for transition, and opportunities to access leadership.
Monsanto’s Row Crops organization is expanding its production operations team in West Fargo, ND.
As a Seed Technician, you will be involved in all facets of soybean seed production. Unlike a traditional manufacturing role, you will experience a variety of responsibilities throughout the growing season. You will be expected to work a rotating shift schedule including some nights and weekends as required during peak season (October-May).
• Late fall starts our busy season with harvesting and packaging in full swing.
• In the winter, you’ll be packaging, warehousing and shipping seed to ensure our grower customers have the product they need for the coming spring.
• In spring and summer, you could also spend time in the field inspecting, scouting and maintaining our soybean crop and/or performing maintenance on our production equipment.
In this position, you will work closely with other team members to identify ways to improve our processes. We are looking for employees who are passionate about maintaining the highest standards in the industry for safety, seed quality, cost, and supply reliability. This is an opportunity to work in an environment where your ideas are heard and you’re encouraged to grow personally and professionally. At Monsanto, we are committed to recruiting and developing great employees through our team-oriented culture that encourages creativity, decision-making, and entrepreneurial spirit.
Responsibilities of the Position:
• Operate equipment in the production sites and leveraging real-time data to maximize existing procedures. Perform preventive maintenance and inspections; troubleshooting problems associated with equipment, processes, and systems as needed.
• Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of continuous improvement practices and programs (5s, Lean, Six Sigma) conducive to an organized and clean work environment. Utilize Focused Improvement (e.g., 5WHYs) techniques to initiate process and standard work improvements.
• Provide coaching and training to seasonal workforce, area trainees and peers supporting achievement and personal development.
• Ensure upstream activities (e.g., field inspection, grower contract) are handled within company standards and business requirements.
• Cultivate partnership with key business partners to plant / field operations (e.g., grower network).
• Use SAP to support administrative procedures, documenting key readings, maintenance orders and production information. Maintain key process documentation (operating, start-up and shut-down procedures; standard work; process flow and instrumentation diagrams; etc.).
• Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to Monsanto’s Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards (e.g. general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures).
• Participate and prepare to lead DDS (Daily Direction Setting) meetings as needed; articulating shift objectives and allocating resources accordingly across all active production areas.
• Support and maintain metrics and relevant information on current Visual Management boards to drive teamwork and facilitate shift change over.
Qualifications for the Position :
High School Diploma or GED
Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Excel, PPT, Word, facilities with systems)
Valid driver's license
Advanced education including Technical, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
Intermediate computer skills with experience using of SAP and PLC
3+ years manufacturing experience, with experience in chemical or row crop manufacturing preferred
Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment with a 24/6 rotating shift schedule, including overtime as needed
Monsanto is one of the largest companies in the world dedicated to the development, growth and marketing of Agriculture seeds. We strive to develop hybrids that improve nutrition, boost crop yields, limit spoilage, optimize water and climate variables and reduce the need for chemicals and other inputs. We are committed to consistently introducing innovative products for our customers. It's amazing to consider that improving human health, promoting environmental stewardship and fostering greater economic growth for the agricultural community can all start with something as small as a seed.
In addition to competitive wages, Monsanto offers a complete benefits package including:
Medical (4 package options to meet your needs), vision, dental, and life insurance
13-14 paid holidays
2 weeks’ vacation (4 weeks in your 3 rd year of employment)
Savings and Investment Plan: including a 401k match and an additional company-provided core retirement benefit
Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
20 days of parental leave for birth or adoption of a child (additional maternity leave/FMLA and adoption assistance)
Relocation assistance for this role
Organization: NA Supply Chain LT51012126_
Title: Military Veteran Seed Technician - West Fargo, ND
Location: North America-USA-North Dakota-West Fargo
Requisition ID: 01P8T
Job: Seed Production
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement